Nut-Free, Refined sugar-free, soy-free, vegan (if you use vegan butter and don’t add chicken)
Okay, so I don’t have much experience cooking with primarily vegetables to be completely honest. My main focus has always been protein and CARBS. Whatever vegetable I made was always an afterthought that was quickly thrown in a cast iron, covered with olive oil, salt, pepper, whatever other spice I was feeling, and cooked to a crisp.
Now i’ve completely changed my mindset. I’ve tried so many diets and fads trying to lose weight, trick my metabolism, get cut, etc. All of this has led me to the conclusion that I don’t want to diet for the rest of my life. I would much rather transform my eating habits and make HEALTHY, delicious meals my new norm.
A few vain things about me…
I’m obsessed with my hair and skin. I would love my body to look like Gisele’s. I want to look and feel young FOREVER…
With all that being said, I’ve done enough research to realize supplements, serums, and exercise alone won’t cut it. It all starts from within, and this realization has convinced me to change the way I eat for good.
This won’t be fucking easy…..
Pray for me..
Day 3 without candy….
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 medium cauliflower)
- ½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic feel free to use a little extra
- ½ cup almond milk IMPORTANT: unsweetened and unflavored
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice `
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 package fettuccine or rotini pasta
- fresh minced parsley to garnish
- 2 tbsp vegan or regular butter
- OPTIONAL: Baked chicken breast obviously this makes it non-vegan
- Boil cauliflower in a pot of water for 8-15 minutes until tender (check tenderness with a fork). Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a separate pot according to directions on package. Drain well, return back to the pot, and set aside.
- Add ½ tbs olive oil and minced garlic to a small skillet and sauté over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant. Be careful not to burn!
- Add the cooked/drained cauliflower, sautéed garlic, ½ cup almond milk, ¼ cup nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons of whatever butter your heart desires, ¾ teaspoon fine grain sea salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper to a high speed blender. Blend until VERY smooth sauce forms. You may need to let some of the steam out. Also, make sure that before you add the sauce to the pasta, you taste it. You may feel that you need to add more salt, pepper, etc!
- Add some of the cauli-FREDO sauce to the pot with the pasta and stir well. Add as much or as little sauce as you want. We like it SAUCY.. Also, this would be the time to add in some cut up baked chicken!
- Heat over low-medium heat until heated through. Add more lemon, salt, pepper, or whatever else you feel it needs!
- For serving: Divide pasta into bowls and garnish with parsley and top with a little lemon juice! Top with more salt and pepper.